I am currently working on a series of courses targeted at Business Analysts that focus on the real-life skills required as part of your analyst toolkit, as opposed to the theoretical skills mentioned in various structured training currently on offer.
I have chosen to publish the courses on the Udemy platform because it allows users to learn at their own pace and the tools for instructors allows for deeply engaging courses to be created.
This page shows the courses that are live on Udemy, and the pipeline of courses that I’m working on.
- BA SQL Survival Guide
- This is a crash course in SQL – no background knowledge is required. In this course you’ll learn the basics of databases, data structures, data warehouses, how applications use databases, the basic SQL commands you’ll need as a Business Analyst, and a bonus section with some advanced commands (insert, update, and delete)
- You’ll learn how to create a database, connect to a local database, connect to a remote database, and work through a fictional scenario to complete a query to show how data can be used in the analysis process
Courses under construction
- Data Migration Masterclass
- Primer on financial institutions
- Excel masterclass
- The Agile BA – methodology, requirements, and tooling
- Soft skills masterclass (including negotiation, influencing, stakeholder management, and communication)
- BA – From Zero to Hero
If there is a specific course or skill you would like to be covered, please feel free to drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.